Principles & Values
WDI Operating Principals and Values
The mission of World Dignity, Inc. is focused by its operating principles and values, which guide its selection of projects and their operation:
- Works with people who are poor in the country or region it operates, except in natural or man-made disasters.
- Works with poor people only at their invitation to do so.
- Develops and shapes programs and activities with the people to be affected by those programs. Local culture and “ways of operating” are respected.
- Makes the highest and best use of volunteers in all its operations.
- Selects staff and volunteers for the projects, to the largest extent possible from the community or area in which projects are implemented.
- Works only in areas which it knows well or which it can get to know well.
- Avoids unnecessary burdens for the communities and people it works with. Expenses are kept to a minimum.
- Considers the long term effects and sustainability of its activities.
- Enhances the dignity of all the people affected by the programs and activities.
- Evaluates its programs and activities and incorporates the findings in its operations